My passion is enabling development of personal awareness, stability, self-management assertiveness and resilience using safe, effective therapeutic and educational interventions. I am highly skilled at assessing, identifying, formulating and treating a wide range of psychological, emotional and behavioral issues. I work short, medium and long term with mild to severe/long term presentations using Compassionate CBT, Adlerian Psychology, Integrative Therapy, Counselling and Coaching with c. 100,000 hours clinical, coaching, cpd and teaching experience. For those who wish to proactively manage and develop their psychological & emotional health I provide effective, preventative neurological & psychological education.
I am fully competent and effective working face to face, via telephone, email and skype with individuals, couples, families and groups providing progressive, assertive, compassionate therapy, coaching, supervision and group work. I am highly adaptable and effective in working collaboratively with others, conscientious in all my work and compliant with organizational values, policies, structure, targets and goals.
360 All Round Wellbeing Ltd*, Suffolk.
(*360ARW Ltd Previously trading under CSN & NHC.)
1981 – Current
- Therapy | Coaching
- Integrative therapy/CCBT/Coaching (assessments, identification, formulation and treatment)
- NHS Suffolk & Norfolk Foundation Trust & Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust (2008-current).
- Solution Focused Integrative Therapy/CBT/Coaching NHS Suffolk Occupational Health (2004-2008).
- Crisis intervention with teenagers/adults (suicide prevention/trauma recovery) (Com Ed 2001-2009).
- Integrative counselling for under 18’s (Com Ed Suffolk 2001-2006).
- Integrative psychotherapy/counselling (short/medium/long term: children, adults, families (2000-current).
- Supervision | Mentoring
- Supervision for counsellors/psychotherapists/psychologists/medical clinicians/coaches (2006-current).
- Individual & group supervision for psychotherapy/counselling students WSC, UOS, Com Ed (2005-current).
- Training | Development
- Lecturing psychotherapy/psychology/counselling students (level 7) specialist subjects (2015-current).
- Developing, planning, delivering, evaluating (Module Lead level 7) Integrative Psychotherapy (2005-2015).
- Designing, planning, delivering & evaluating Introduction to Integrative Counselling (2003-2008/2015-2017)
- Planning, delivering & evaluating Intensive & Diploma Adlerian Psychology (2008-2012).
- Planning, delivering & evaluating specialist workshops @ Adlerian Society (2003-current).
- Planning, delivering & evaluating progressive professional/personal development courses (1981 – current).
- Education | Training subjects (introduction – experienced levels) include:
- Mindfulness (including MBCT & MBSR).
- Personal & Professional Development.
- Prevention of common Mental Health Issues.
- Effective treatment of common Mental Health Issues.
- Employee retention | return to work | re-employment.
- Pressure management.
- Smooth change management.
- Stress prevention & positive management of stress.
- Nutrition for psychological & emotional stability.
- Team collaboration & positive team dynamics.
- How and why we create excessive anxiety and stress.
Courses I have developed and delivered with co-tutors include: Degree Integrative Psychotherapy (level 6/7), Anxiety Management, Anger Management, CBT Introduction and Dip Adlerian Psychology.
- Project Development | Management | KPI & Target Management
- On Form | Championing Mental Health Protection for Horseracing Professionals (1996-current).
- Delivering on and exceeding KPIs and targets NHS (2008-current).
- Establishing/managing two counselling services for under 18’s (Com Ed Suffolk 2001-2006).
- Research, marketing, networking, administration, book-keeping, development of business (1994-current).
- Practice Manager @ Brain Bio Centre/ION London (2005-2008)
- Assessing clients presenting with a range of mild-severe mental health issues (2005-2008).
- Liaising with families & nutritionist regarding clients’ treatment and development (2005-2008).
- Referring clients to appropriate agencies/organizations (2005-2008).
- Day to day management of clinic and development of processes (2005-2008).
Lloyds of London Insurance: Credit Control Manager & Personal Development Coach.
- Project Development & Management
- Managing six employees (initially Receptionist/promoted 1983).
- Negotiating re-insurance payments/claims.
- Co-designing re-insurance accounting system, process testing, implementation and employee training.
- Training & Development
- Designing, delivering & evaluating progressive personal development in-house workshops (1981-1994).
Some of the Organizations I have had the pleasure of working collaboratively (full list on website):
Public sector: Suffolk & Norfolk Foundation Trust, Integrated Delivery Team Ipswich, Occupational Health Ipswich Hospital, Occupational Health West Suffolk Hospital, Community Education Cambridge & Suffolk, SMHP, West Suffolk College, University of Suffolk, Mind Suffolk, Healthy Mind Centre Suffolk, Adlerian Society UK/Ireland, Lincoln University, HMP Highpoint Suffolk, Suffolk Constabulary, Cambridge Constabulary, PCT Suffolk, Soham Village College, Bottisham Village College.
GP Surgeries Suffolk/Cambridge: Mill Road Cambridge, Oakfield Surgery, Rookery Surgery, Orchard House, Burwell Surgery.
Corporate SML Companies: Calm Executives, Atos Ltd, HelpEAP, Health Assured Ltd, Brain Bio Centre Ldn, The Mental Health Project Ldn, British Telecom, Royal Mail, National Grid, Friends Life, BUPA, Axa & PPP Ltd, Sugarmanmind Ltd, Maxxima Ltd.
Charities: Racing Welfare, Injured Jockies Fund, The National Stud, Clic Sargent, Red Balloon, Just Talk, Centre 33.
Membership of professional bodies/CRB
CRB (enhanced) January 2017.
Institute for Learning from 2009.
BABCP member from 2009.
BACP Accredited from 2005.
Adlerian Society (UK) and Institute for Individual Psychology from 2000.
Cambridge Adlerian Society from 1998.
Personal interests and hobbies
My husband and I are energetic grandparents and keen gardeners. We enjoy walking our dogs, bird watching, family time, music, movies and good food. My passions include horses & dogs, Nordic Walking, reading, writing, personal development and photography. I am writing a book on ‘Preventing common mental health issues’ which I submitted in part as a BA (Hons) Dissertation gaining a 1st.
References & CPD Details
References available for: Teaching, CBT, Integrative counselling/psychotherapy, Coaching, Character, Personal.
Please see below for education and training information. Key qualifications are highlighted.
|Training hours||Training Institution||Course Name||Qualification||Qualification obtained (date)|
|40 hrs||ASIIP, UK||Systemic Family Dynamics
|14||ExploreUTraining Suffolk||Acquired Brain Injury (working with)||cpd||May 2017|
|3 hrs||Health in Mind/NHS||Treating Social Anxiety||cpd||February 2017|
|3 hrs||Health in Mind/NHS||Therapist Drift||cpd||October 2016|
|7 hrs||Sky Blue Cambridge||Trauma Coaching||cpd||September 2016|
|40 hrs||Adlerian Society UK||CBT Coaching||cpd & teaching||August 2016|
|11.5 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Couples therapy| coaching||cpd||May 2016|
|35 hrs||Calm Executives Ltd||Business/personal coaching||cpd||March 2016|
|35 hrs||Nordic Walking UK||Community Instructor||C. Instructor||July 2015|
|2000 hrs||UO Suffolk||BA (Hons) Mental Health||Degree||May 2015|
|40 hrs||ASIIP UK||Mindfulness Coaching||cpd||August 2014|
|5.75 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Self-encouragement||cpd||January 2014|
|350 hrs||Cardiff University||Bipolar: supporting retention & return to work||cpd||April 2013|
|50 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||CBT & Coaching||cpd||August 2012|
|15 hrs||ASIIP, London||Relationship dynamics
|7 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Visulisation/Reframing||cpd||March 2012|
|7 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Psychopathology & clinical skills||February 2012|
|7 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Trauma & recovery||cpd||February 2012|
|7 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Working creatively with dreams||cpd||October 2011|
|40 hrs||ASIIP UK||Systemic Family/Group Therapy & Coaching||cpd||August 2011|
|14 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Group work process||cpd||July 2011|
|20 hrs||ASIIP Ireland||Anger Management||cpd||July 2011|
|7 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Sexual Abuse||cpd||June 2011|
|7 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Attachment Therapy||cpd||May 2011|
|14 hrs||ASIIP Cambridge||Systemic Family Therapy||cpd||March 2011|
|1200 hrs||Anglia Ruskin University
|High Intensity CBT||Post Grad Dip||October 2010|
|7 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Lifestyle, Goals & movement within counselling||cpd||October 2010|
|40 hrs||ASIIP UK||Positive Personal Dev.
Cause of Addictions.
|35 hrs||Oxford CBT Centre||Compassion & CBT||cpd||August 2009|
|450 hrs||Newcastle College||Life Coaching||Cert||May 2009|
|8hrs||CORE, London||CORE processes||cpd||February 2009|
|40 hrs||ASIIP UK||Systemic group process||cpd||August 2008|
|30 hrs||ASIIP, Wales||Adlerian Teacher Training||Certificate||June 2008|
|500 hrs||Mind Suffolk||Anger management Teacher Training||Trainer||June 2008|
|450 hrs||UEA/University of Essex||Adult Education Teacher||Teacher||June 2008|
|32 hrs||Mindfulness Training ltd||MBCT||cpd||April 2008|
|450 hrs||Mind Suffolk||Gestalt Psychotherapy||Counselling||September 2007|
|40 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Group process & Systemic Family process||cpd||August 2007|
|7.5 hrs||CBPC, Cambridge||Being with the dying||cpd||June 2007|
|6 hrs||NCP/Penny Parks||Working with sexual abuse||cpd||February 2007|
|13 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Early Memories & Creativity||cpd||October 2006|
|2 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Supervision||cpd||October 2006|
|350 hrs||Community Ed Suffolk||Youth Worker||Qualified YW||September 2006|
|40 hrs||ASIIP UK||Effective, companionate Personal Development||cpd||August 2006|
|100 hrs||HM Prison Service Suffolk||Action on Drugs||cpd||May 2006|
|40 hrs||HM Prison Service Suffolk||Security Awareness||cpd||April 2006|
|3 hrs||CST Cambridge||Creative Supervision||cpd||March 2006|
|7 hrs||ASIIP London||Developing Capable Youths||cpd||January 2006|
|500 hrs||Stonebridge College||Diet & Nutrition||Dip||January 2006|
|6 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Lifestyle||cpd||October 2005|
|100 hrs||CST Cambridge||Supervision||Qualified||October 2005|
|6 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Systemic Family therapy||cpd||October 2005|
|40 hrs||ASIIP UK||Group process & children/young adults||cpd||August 2005|
|250 hrs||Mind Suffolk||Anxiety Management Trainer’s course||Trainer||January 2005|
|40 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Positive Personal Development||cpd||August 2004|
|7 hrs||Suffolk CC||Value base of care
|120 hrs||City & Guilds/NHS||Promoting Independence||NVQ Lv 3||October 2003|
|3 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Early Recollections||cpd||July 2003|
|3 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||Doors of opportunity||cpd||July 2003|
|8 hrs||Higher Nature Ltd||Mental Health & Nutrition||cpd||March 2003|
|15 hrs||ASIIP, Wendover||Addiction & Dependencies
|6 hrs||MindFields||Understanding & stopping addictive behavior||cpd||July 2002|
|2000 hrs||Adlerian Institute for Individual Psychology||Adlerian Counselling & Psychotherapy||Diploma in Counselling||June 2002|
|45 hrs||City & Guilds/WSC||Teaching Adults||7307||March 2002|
|6 hrs||MindFields||Effective counselling||cpd||November 2001|
|45 hrs||ASIIP, Ireland||Grief & Loss||cpd||July 2000|
|6.5 hrs||ASIIP, UK||Systemic Family Therapy||cpd||March 2000|
|7 hrs||ASIIP, Cambridge||NLP||cpd||May 1999|
|6.5 hrs||CATW, Cambridge||Attachment & Intimacy||cpd||May 1999|
|6.5 hrs||CATW, Cambridge||Statemic Family Therapy||cpd||February 1999|
|134 hrs + ongoing cpd||Donna Eden
|Energy/positive psychology||Practitioner & tutor||March 2001-current|
|7 hrs||BSA, Ipswich||Presentation Techniques||cpd||October 2000|
|7 hrs||BSA, Ipswich||Communication skills||cpd||November 1999|
|950 hrs 1992-1998||NFSH London/Suffolk||Heart Intelligence, energy psychology & compassionate therapy||Practitioner & Tutor||1992 – current|
|Average 6 hrs a week||Amaravati Buddhist Monastery Buckinghamshire||Mindfulness & personal development coaching
(emotional intelligence & positive psychology)
|1981 – current|
CPD information excludes personal development, therapy & coaching, reading & research.